NOTE: SIT will make every effort to maintain its programs as described. To respond to emergent situations, like COVID-19, SIT may have to modify programs. Visit the SIT website for more details.
Explore photography, creative writing, or contemporary dance through an intensive arts workshop, while examining current debates around arts, politics, and society.
WHY STUDY THE ARTS IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC?
In this program, you will learn about mechanisms artists employ to engage political debate and promote the values of inclusion and social justice, take part in daily workshops with professional artists, and attend performances, exhibitions, and other cultural events. You may select one of the three studio workshops, photography, creative writing, or contemporary dance. Photography students will learn experimental photo methods such as photogram, collage and montage, and stop motion animation, with historical roots in the Czech art scene, and prepare their own exhibition at a public art gallery. Creative writing students will write fiction under the guidance of a local novelist, read and critique contemporary Czech fiction and poetry, and present their own work at a final literary evening. Contemporary dance students take part in daily studio work, attend performances, learn about trends in Czech dance, and create a final dance performance. The program also includes day trips to regional alternative arts spaces, galleries, and other off-the-beaten track arts initiatives devoted to community building and engaging social justice debates and politics.
- Develop your skills in photography, writing, or dance under the guidance of top Czech artists.
- Attend exhibitions, performances, and other cultural events.
- Explore the intersection of the arts and social justice issues in Central Europe.
- Gain first-hand experience in the Czech cultural scene and its unique community arts initiatives.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website
for details on the program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
- Day trips to alternative arts spaces, galleries, and other initiatives devoted to community building and engagement with social justice debates and politics
- Discussions with local artists and activists
- Creative writing students will write under the guidance of a local novelist and read and critique contemporary Czech fiction and poetry
- Contemporary dance students will attend performances and learn about trends in the Czech dance scene
- Photography students will learn experimental photo methods such as photogram, collage and montage, and stop motion animation
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
SIT PROGRAM PROTECTION
In these uncertain times, you shouldn’t have to worry about your investment in SIT. Click here
to find out how you’re protected.
CONTACT SIT STUDY ABROAD