NOTE: SIT will make every effort to maintain its programs as described. To respond to emergent situations, like COVID-19, SIT may have to modify programs. Visit the SIT website for more details.
Examine urban epidemiology, health inequalities, and the challenges of managing health services and policies to expand access to healthcare in Buenos Aires.
WHY STUDY EPIDEMIOLOGY IN ARGENTINA?
More than 30 percent of Argentina’s population lives in greater Buenos Aires, a city with marked contrasts in wealth and poverty and related disparities in health. Through SIT’s close partnership with ISALUD, the nation’s top health university and think tank, you will learn from senior officials, health professionals, and advocates.
Excursions provide opportunities to compare epidemiological profiles and health service organizations in different areas. In Buenos Aires, you’ll visit private and public hospitals and community health centers to explore how epidemiology informs health management decisions, patterns and strategies, and explains how services are provided at different levels of care. In Mendoza, you will learn how primary healthcare data can help providers understand and improve access to health services as well as how local providers address health-related issues specific to the region. You will also develop your Spanish language skills through daily interaction with lecturers, healthcare practitioners, and host families.
- Study in Buenos Aires, home to renowned health institutions.
- Examine significant health disparities and learn how local healthcare providers manage the needs of local populations.
- Benefit from SIT’s partnership with ISALUD, Argentina’s top health university.
- Learn Spanish with a focus on public health.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website
for details on the program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
KEY TOPICS OF STUDY
- Health systems and health services organizations
- Contemporary healthcare management based on epidemiology data
- Social determinants of health
- Monitoring and assessing health conditions
- Transmissible and chronic disease care management
- Healthcare access and health equity
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
SIT PROGRAM PROTECTION
In these uncertain times, you shouldn’t have to worry about your investment in SIT. Click here to find out how you’re protected.
CONTACT SIT STUDY ABROAD