Programs > Brochure
*UTA - French in Montreal
Montreal, Canada (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10249Areas of Study:
|Culture, French, International Studies||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10232Program:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10233Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10236Class Eligibility:
|2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10237Credit Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10241Program Type:
UTA French in Montreal
This program will not be offered in Summer 2019. Consider the UTA French in Paris program instead!
Montreal is a city of contrasts, a mélange of European style with a North American flair. Whether you visit the historical monuments of Vieux Montreal or take in a street show in the Quartier des Spectacles, hike to the summit of Mont Royal or spend the day shopping on rue Sainte Catherine, Montreal blends the hustle and bustle of a high-tech metropolis with friendly neighborhoods that have the no-fuss attitude of a quaint village. Montreal is a former French colony that is part of an English-speaking nation, which itself is a democracy with a royal sovereign – Queen Elizabeth. Montreal is a Francophone city where bilingualism is the norm. It combines old and new, art and business, nature and culture. Whatever you think Montreal is, it is that and more!
Program Dates: June 3 - July 3, 2018
Courses: Students will take Global 3301 and either French 1442 or French 4338.
- French 1442 – Beginning French II. Taught in French. Pre-requisite: French 1441 with a grade of C or above. Instructor: Alicia Soueid
- French 4338 – The Immigrant Experience in Québec. All instruction, readings, and assignments conducted entirely in French.Pre-requisite: French 2314 with a grade of C or above. (One previous semester of upper-level French course work recommended.) Instructor: Alicia Soueid
- Global 3301 – International Cultures and Civilizations: Canada and Québec. Taught in English. No pre-requisite. Instructor: Dr. Lonny Harrison
Cost: Program Fee (estimated $2,500, or $2,800 if you request a room upgrade) + UTA Tuition
- Program fee includes the initial application payment and is based on 20+ students. If fewer than 20 students apply, an additional $225 per individual may be required to cover shared expenses. The program fee covers housing, metro pass, and excursions, and is payable in 3 installments.
- Program fee does not include round-trip airfare to Montreal (approx. $600), UTA Study Abroad Application Fee ($75), required UT System study abroad insurance ($95 for five weeks), meals, passport application fee, and personal expenses.
- Financial aid can be applied, and students are eligible to apply for the International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS). Contact UTA Study Abroad for information about additional scholarship opportunities.
- Monday, October 23, 12-1pm in the LAC (Language Acquisition Center) on the third floor of Trimble Hall
- Thursday, November 2, 4-5pm in the LAC (Language Acquisition Center) on the third floor of Trimble Hall
Program Faculty: Mme Alicia Soueid (email@example.com) and Dr. Lonny Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications should be submitted directly to the Department of Modern Languages, not to UTA Study Abroad.
|Dates / Deadlines:|