|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||SIT/World Learning|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10249Areas of Study:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10232Program:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10233Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10235Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10236Class Eligibility:
|2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10237Credit Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10241Program Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10247Minimum GPA:
Tanzania: Climate Change and Sustainability, Mount Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar
Study climate change, its human impacts, and national and local solutions in northern and coastal Tanzania.
- Visit Mount Kilimanjaro National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and the Usambara Mountains.
- Explore climate change and marine conservation in the Zanzibar Archipelago.
- Learn and practice field methodologies for climate research.
- Partner with academic, professional, and community experts.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website for details on program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
Key Topics of Study
- Climate change, its impacts, and national and East African solutions to this critical global issue
- Research methods in a nontraditional, cross-cultural environment
- Ecological and anthropological field study techniques
- Human-environment interaction in ecosystems
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.3 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- The SIT Pell Grant Match provides matching grants to all students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding when it is applied to an SIT Study Abroad semester program.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
Contact SIT Study Abroad
- Visit our website: studyabroad.sit.edu
- Request more information or email us: email@example.com
- Call an admission counselor: 888-272-7881
- Contact a former student.
- Apply to SIT.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.