NOTE: SIT will make every effort to maintain its programs as described. To respond to emergent situations, like COVID-19, SIT may have to modify programs. Visit the SIT website for more details.
Explore human-centered design and gain firsthand knowledge about technologies for sustainable water use, renewable energy, and organic farming.
WHY STUDY IN JORDAN?
Jordan is one of the driest countries on the planet, and declining rainfall is negatively affecting its economic development. In the capital, Amman, learn about technologies for sustainable water use and treated wastewater reuse, renewable energy, and organic farming. Explore human-centered design by developing a project that addresses the needs of a Jordanian community. You’ll visit the Jordan Valley, the Dead Sea, and water treatment plants to learn about the local and regional issues of arid countries and how scarcity plays a role in the larger dynamics of the Middle East.
During the program, you’ll be exposed to different perspectives on resource management during the homestay in Amman and field visits with Bedouin families in the desert.
- Learn about the issues of arid countries and their local and regional dynamics
- Explore technologies for sustainable water use and treated wastewater reuse
- Assess the needs of a local community or business to identify an engineering problem
- Site visits to Jordan Valley, Dead Sea, water treatment plants and Bedouin communities
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website
for details on the program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
- Understanding human-centered design in the Jordanian context
- Water supply technology and practice in arid climates
- Sustainable, organic farming
- Engineering project development
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
SIT PROGRAM PROTECTION
In these uncertain times, you shouldn’t have to worry about your investment in SIT. Click here
to find out how you’re protected.
CONTACT SIT STUDY ABROAD