Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Semester in Madrid at Universidad Antonio de Nebrija
Madrid, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Accounting, Art, Art History, Business, Culture, Economics, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, European Studies, Gender Studies, History, International Business, International Relations, Law, Literature, Management Studies, Marketing, Spanish, Tourism, Women's Studies||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Residence Hall|
|Class Eligibility:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
- Take a variety of classes in both Spanish and English - You can choose to take Spanish classes taught at all language levels that cover everything from grammar and conversation to culture and literature. You can also pick from a wide selection of courses taught in English in the areas of business, history, art and European studies. Combine the two to get the best of both worlds. Or, if you feel like your Spanish is ready to be taken to the next level, you can be fully integrated by taking courses alongside Spanish students in the direct enroll option.
- A perfect campus community size for all personalities - At about 4,000 students, this program offers a big enough campus community for extroverts to get to know as many people as they'd like. And introverts won't feel as though they are another "face in the crowd" like they might at larger universities. Whatever your personality, you'll have plenty of CISabroad- and university-sponsored activities to make the most of your time in Madrid and to get to know fellow study abroad as well as local students.
- Spain is a social country, and this program is no different - This program provides numerous extra-curricular activities to help you integrate into the social scene. Join a sports team, the Exchange Club (for language exchange), the International Club (a student org promoting cultural exchange) or any number of other student clubs, including the Travel, Nature and Adventure Club, the Debate Club, and the Entrepreneurship Club. We'll also take you off-campus to enjoy the countless activities and sights provided by Spain's largest city!
Courses offered in Spanish:
- Spanish Language, Specific Grammar Problems, Conversation and Composition, Conversation and Reading, Written Language, Business Spanish, Language Study, Spanish in the Media
- Panorama of Spanish Literature, Contemporary Spanish Novel, 20th Century Spanish Theatre, Medieval Literature, Women in Spanish Golden Age Literature, Celestinas y Donjuanes
- Spain and Spaniards, Discovering Spain, Diverse Spain, Contemporary Spanish Society, Current Spanish Issues, Spanish Cinema and Society, Art and Civilization, Art in the Prado Museum, Contemporary Spain
Courses offered in English:
- International Business, International Marketing, International Management, International Communications for Professional Purposes
- International Relations, Contemporary World, Intercultural Communication
- Women's Roles in Present-Day Spain
- Fundamental Aspects of Spanish Art, Spanish Civilization and Culture, Modern Art and Architecture in Spanish Cities
- European Studies: Culture, History and Integration, European Cinema: A Reflection on European Identity, Integration, The European Union
Intensive Spanish Language
- Language intensive month offered before each semester- Spanish Language and Culture
If you're wondering why you should choose to spend a semester with CISabroad through our Semester in Madrid at Nebrija University program, here are just a few of the highlights you can look forward to!
- Study in Spain's political and economic capital, also home to some of the country's best museums and restaurants
- Join the many other international students at a university known for its great accommodations and history of playing great host to international students
- Become integrated into an intimate campus community of 4,000 students, many of whom are from outside of Spain
- Join one or more of the many clubs and international organizations on campus. This is not only a great way to meet friends, but it is a wonderful way to join excursions in and out of the city of Madrid! Some options available to students are language exchanges, workshops such as theater, intercultural communications, and public speaking, and exciting cultural activities such as welcome parties, dinners, and games. See the excursions tab for more information.
- Take courses in both English and Spanish that fit your Spanish language ability and offer a variety of options to fulfill major/minor and gen ed/elective requirements
- Enjoy great staff support and an orientation to prepare your with everything you need to adapt to life in your new city- introductions to various places of interest, transportation, hospitals, banks, etc.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.