Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Intern in Rome
Rome, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Art, Art History, Business, Communication, Culinary Arts, Dietetics & Nutrition, Economics, Education, Engineering, Health and Human Services, Hospitality Management, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Internship, Journalism, Management Studies, Marketing, Math, Photography, Political Science, Psychology, Science, Studio Art, Women's Studies||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment, Residence Hall|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Internship||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Develop your personal and professional skills, while practicing Italian with our Intern in Rome program! Immerse yourself in the culture of the "eternal city," practice your Italian language skills, and enjoy the amazing sights that Rome has to offer. We will provide you with a customized internship that caters to your future career choices, as well as housing, cultural activities, and support services if need be. It'll be the adventure of a lifetime!
Here are a few great features that are unique to this program:
Custom internship – Based on your interests and your chosen career path, we will match you with the right internship. Whether you are interested in photography, nutrition, or any other course of study, just ask! We will try our best to find an internship that suits your needs. We also take into consideration your skills, background, and placement preferences.
Business and career coaching - We provide comprehensive training and workshops to help jumpstart your international career. On-site staff will help you with resume boosting, public speaking, interview preparation, and any other necessary skills that apply to your future career. We also offer a 360° toolkit, which acts as a crash course about the international business world.
- Immerse yourself in the Italian culture – You will be able to immerse yourself and practice your Italian language skills just by living and working within the city of Rome. The first week of the internship program is intensive and focuses on improving your Italian language understanding. The best part is that there is no previous language experience required! We will teach you all you need to know and you'll pick it up during your internship as well.
Rome is home to a variety of cultural sites and is rich in European history. While here, you have the opportunity to visit the Capitoline museum, the Colosseum, the Spanish steps, the Trevi Fountain, and the Vatican City. After visiting all of these historical sites, you'll gain a new appreciation for the culture of Rome. Visit various other countries in Europe during your stay -- France, Germany, Spain and others are only a few hours away!
There are many reasons to intern in Rome and we've highlighted a few of them for you:
• 24/7 on-site support from our staff, who happen to speak English!
• Career and business counseling workshops and preparation tools available
• Join us for cultural activities including olive picking and a hike to Castel Gandolfo lake
• Jet around Europe easily by bus, train, or plane when you aren't at your internship site
• Flexible start dates, free airport pick-up, and a comprehensive orientation
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.