|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||SIT/World Learning|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10249Areas of Study:
|Arabic, Middle Eastern Studies||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10232Program:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10233Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10235Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10236Class Eligibility:
|2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10237Credit Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10241Program Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10247Minimum GPA:
Rapidly gain new Arabic language skills through intensive language study in Jordan. The program is appropriate for all skill levels, from beginning to advanced.
- Develop and expand competencies in speaking, listening, reading, and writing Modern Standard Arabic and Jordanian colloquial Arabic.
- Learn in highly interactive classroom, homestay, and field-based settings.
- Live with a host family in Amman, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world.
- Receive customized Arabic lessons focused on the sites and communities visited and learn to communicate in a variety of situations with native Arabic speakers, incorporating culturally appropriate gestures.
- Experience the daily life, culture, and traditions of a Bedouin community during a homestay in the Badia desert.
- Visit Petra, the Dead Sea, Aqaba, Ajloun, Wadi Rum, Jerash, and the Dana Nature Reserve.
- Read, listen to, and analyze stories from the Jordanian press and other Arab media outlets (ARAB 3009 students only).
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website for details on the program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
Key Topics of Study
- Speaking, listening, reading, and writing Arabic
- Communication in a variety of situations with native Arabic speakers, incorporating culturally appropriate gestures
- Stories from the Jordanian press and other Arab media outlets (ARAB 3000 students only)
- Conversational proficiency as a solid foundation for further learning
- Tools to increase language proficiency independently
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $3,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
Contact SIT Study Abroad
- Visit our website: studyabroad.sit.edu
- Request more information or email us: email@example.com
- Call an admissions counselor: 888-272-7881
- Contact a former student.
- Apply to SIT.
|Dates / Deadlines:|