Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Semester in Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10249Areas of Study:
|Art, Art History, Business, Communication, Culture, Economics, Engineering, Humanities, Psychology, Science, Tourism||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10232Program:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10233Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10235Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10236Class Eligibility:
|2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10237Credit Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10241Program Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10247Minimum GPA:
On Semester in Thailand, you’ll study in Bangkok, the heart of Indochina and the capital of Thailand, and study at Thailand’s top-ranked university. You will have limitless opportunities to immerse yourself in the local culture, make international friends, and explore beaches, jungles, and iconic sites throughout the country.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
- World-famous beaches – Thailand is renowned for white-sand beaches so fine, the sand squeaks under your feet. Once you’ve visited Thailand’s coast, you’ll understand why the Leonardo DiCaprio film The Beach was shot there.
- The legendary friendliness of the Thai people – Thailand is known as the “Land of Smiles” for a reason: the Thai people are warm, welcoming, and incredibly open-minded. In Thailand, a smile is the most appropriate reaction to almost every situation.
- A wide range of courses taught in English – If you’re looking for a study abroad program with strong academics, you’ve come to the right place. CISabroad Semester in Thailand offers classes in everything from animation production to international business to travel industry management to the humanities. You will find coursework applicable to your major and satisfying to your intellect.
Location and Academics:
Geographically, Bangkok is one of the largest cities in the world. The city is famous for its delicious cuisine, inexpensive shopping, and colorful nightlife. A semester in Bangkok will leave you yearning for more time in Thailand. Bangkok is situated in the heart of Indochina and shares borders with many wonderful, culturally rich countries. The international airport is a hub for all flights within Southeast Asia, and inexpensive tickets are readily available. When you find yourself with free time, be sure to explore other parts of Asia.
Semester in Thailand takes place at Mahidol University, recently ranked as the number-one university in Thailand. Because all of your classes will have Thai students, it’s an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in Thai culture. Courses are available in Business Administration, Fine and Applied Arts, Humanities and Language, Science, Social Science, and Travel Industry Management.
There are many reasons to study on our Semester in Thailand program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• Awesome excursions with opportunities to ride elephants, explore ancient ruins, and venture into the jungles!
• Incredible housing options
• An abundance of white-sand beaches and clear, warm tropical water
• Live life in the Land of Smiles
• Take classes with both international and Thai students!
|Dates / Deadlines:|