|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Business Administration, Communication, Culture, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, History, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.9|
The University is located on a riverside campus at the heart of the 600-acre National Technological Park at Plassey, three miles from the ancient city of Limerick. Founded in 1972, Limerick has quickly gained a reputation among Irish universities for its innovatively designed courses as well as for its excellent academic standards. Enjoy all of this and more:
- Fine arts and music - The University is home to some collections of fine Irish Art, the Irish Chamber Orchestra, and the Irish World Music Center.
- Strong rugby culture - Ireland loves its rugby, so there are classes, events, and other opportunities available to get involved and fall in love with this rugged sport.
- Volunteer opportunities - Volunteer around the local community and be up for the chance to win the President's Volunteer Award.
The University operates on a semesterized, modular system. You will register for five modules (courses) per semester, with each module being 3 credits (a total of 15 credits). The academic calendar is also similar to the U.S. system with an autumn and spring semester during which you can choose and combine modules from all six colleges: business, education, humanities, engineering, informatics and electronics, and science.
Over 9,300 full-time and 700 part-time students are enrolled at the University. The Study Abroad Office staff will be your guides from the time you enter until the time you depart.
You'll receive an extensive orientation once you arrive and the on-campus staff will assist you through this and for the rest of your time in Ireland. Take a campus tour, get acclimated to life on campus, and take a trip to the actual city of Limerick. Learn about public transportation and learn how to get involved with on-campus organizations.
Live nearby the Student Center Complex and enjoy all of the amenities available including: a laundry room, a health clinic, grocery store, book store, and more!
- Modern on-campus facilities
- Live in a house with both local and international students
- Explore various parts of Ireland and Europe
- Check out 12th-century castles on your days off
- Study at a world-renowned university
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.