Updated for Summer 2023! Applications should be submitted directly to the Department of Modern Languages by December 5, 2022.
Earn 6 credits in Paris this summer by studying French in France!
Earn 6 UTA credits in French this summer in the City of Light studying language, culture, history and literature! Learn about the culture, try the food, and see the sights from the inside and as only someone who lives there can. Here’s your chance to expand your education, use your language, and experience another culture firsthand.
Dates: June 1 - June 22, 2022
- Note that flights depart on May 31 for arrival on June 1.
- French 2310 – French culture; taught in English. No pre-requisite.
- French 1441 – Beginning French I; no pre-requisite
- French 2313 – Intermediate French I; pre-requisite: FREN 1442 with a grade of C or above
- FREN 3318/MODL 3318 – French Identity & Culture; taught in English. No pre-requisite for those taking the class as MODL 3318. For French majors & minors taking the class as FREN 3318, work will be completed in French. The pre-requisite for FREN 3318 is FREN 2314 with a grade of C or above.
Cost: Program Fee of $2,150 (shared room) or $2,400 (single room) + UTA Tuition
- Program Fee INCLUDES: Housing for 21 nights, continental breakfast, local transportation, entrance fees to museums and other sites for program activities
- Does not include: Airfare (estimated $1500), required UT System Study Abroad Insurance ($57 for 3 weeks), UTA Study Abroad Application Fee ($75), meals other than continental breakfast, books/materials, and incidentals
- Financial aid is applicable, and students can apply for the International Education Fee Scholarship (IEFS) and other scholarships for study abroad
General Information: For more information visit http://utainparis.wordpress.com/ or contact Mme Alicia Soueid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications, including first program payment of $500, should be submitted directly to the Department of Modern Languages by Monday, December 5, 2022. Application form and instructions available online.
- Friday, October 7 at 12pm in Trimble Hall 200
- Tuesday, October 11 at 2pm in Trimble Hall 200
- Monday, October 17 at 5pm in Trimble Hall 200
Applications should be submitted directly to the Department of Modern Languages by Monday, December 5, 2022, not to UTA Study Abroad.