UTA & Arlington
The University of Texas at ArlingtonWelcome to your new home away from home! The University of Texas at Arlington offers its students both a great academic experience and a vibrant campus life. As you prepare to study here, be sure to familiarize yourself with all the great opportunities available. You can start by watching this video. Enjoy!
Resources and Events on Campus
- Global Grounds is an international coffee hour held every other Thursday during the fall and spring semesters at UTA. It's great way to meet and mingle with friends from around the world. Enjoy chai, tea coffee and light snacks.
- The UTA Academic Calendar lists important dates and activities happening at UTA.
- UTA Big Howdy offers international students free airport pick-ups, welcome parties and much more.
ArlingtonThe city of Arlington, Texas is a great place to live and study. Located between Dallas and Fort Worth, you are always sure to find plenty to do. There are many entertainment options located right near UTA including Six Flags over Texas theme park, the Texas Rangers baseball stadium and the Dallas Cowboys football arena. Start exploring Arlington now!
TransportationWhile Arlington does not have a public transportation system in place, there are still several options for getting around town.
- Ride share apps - Uber or Lyft will be the two most popular in this area.
- Via – This is a ride share program from the City of Arlington. For a flat rate of $3, you can get a ride to anywhere in the city.
- Campus Shuttles – These free shuttles run all over campus and the Red Line runs until almost 11pm. View the shuttle routes on the UTA Campus Map.
- Mavs Courtesy Escort – If you are out late at night and would like someone to escort you home safely, consider this free service from the University.
- Mav Mover – This is a free shuttle that runs in the evenings and can take you to most shopping/dining areas in Arlington.
Useful ResourcesThe Weather Channel provides information on the weather you expect in Arlington. It's a great resource for when you're deciding what to pack!
Explore the Restaurant Guide and start marking which restaurants you want to try. The guide is broken down by cuisine type for easy searching.