Study Abroad Photo Contest
The Study Abroad Photo Contest is held each Fall, and applicants who have studied abroad in the previous terms are eligible to apply. We are currently accepting entries for the 2019 Photo Contest! Please see instructions below on how to enter.
How to Enter
2019 Study Abroad Photo Contest Entry Information
- Entrants must have participated in a UTA sponsored study abroad program taking place between the dates of August 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019 (Fall 2018 - Summer 2019 programs).
- Entries must be received no later than 5:00pm, Thursday October 31, 2019.
- Full contest rules: 2019 PHOTO CONTEST RULES.pdf
- Entry form (must accompany any submission): 2019 Photo Contest Entry Form.pdf
- ACADEMIC ADVENTURES – What’s different about actually studying abroad- the class setting, the projects, the other students? Provide a glimpse into the academic side of your international experience.
- CAPTURE THE MOMENT – Do you remember that moment when you realized studying abroad truly was a once in a lifetime experience? Show us!
- LIVE LIKE A LOCAL – Anything that illustrates a typical day abroad, like daily street markets, festivals, local hangouts. Share a “day-in-the-life” of a study abroad student.
- MAVS ABROAD – Show us yourself or fellow students displaying your Maverick pride while on a program activity or in front of an historic building, landmark, or something fun.
- WORLD OF WONDER – Display your creative and artistic side with expansive landscapes or small details that showcase your experience as only you can.
The UTA Study Abroad Office holds an annual Study Abroad Photo Contest each fall semester as a part of International Education Week. Photos are displayed on the UTA Study Abroad Facebook page, and the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorites during this time.
Not only do you have the chance for fame with the photo display, but also fortune with some of the amazing prizes that Arlington area businesses have graciously donated. Past donations have included free tickets to Billy Bob's Texas, Theatre Arlington and more. Art books and posters from the Kimbell Art Museum, and discount coupons to local restaurants have also been donated in past years.
We encourage you to take this opportunity to share your overseas experience with the UTA community - because we know you wore out your photo album on all of your family and friends a long time ago! Please review the Contest Rules above and submit your entries along with the Entry Form by the deadline.
IHP; South Africa, Brazil, and India
World of Wonder
Capture the Moment
Live Like a Local