Incoming Exchange Students
How to Apply
- Contact the Study Abroad/International Office at your home university to be nominated for the exchange program.
- Once you have been nominated by your home university - apply to UTA Study Abroad using the designated exchange application.
- Your Study Abroad/International Office will send us the application materials along with the letter of nomination.
Process of Acceptance
- Your application will be reviewed by UTA to determine your suitability for the intended area of study.
- UTA Study Abroad will notify you of the decision.
- March 1 is the deadline for summer and fall Exchange nominations (application materials must be received by April 1).
- October 1 is the deadline for spring Exchange nominations (application materials must be received by November 1).
- An acceptance packet will be sent to your home university that includes your acceptance letter, I-20, orientation information and other important information.
- You will be emailed news of your acceptance along with your UTA ID number. Apply for housing as soon as possible.
- Pick desired courses as well as several back-up courses.
- Start making travel arrangements.
- Read all materials sent to you. The Office of Admissions will be sending you information on your student email and MyMav accounts.