Programs > Brochure
SIT Jordan: Engineering and Design for Sustainable Environments (Summer)
Amman, Jordan (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||SIT/World Learning|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10249Areas of Study:
|Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Resource Management||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10232Program:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10233Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10235Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10236Class Eligibility:
|2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10237Credit Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10241Program Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10247Minimum GPA:
Jordan: Engineering and Design for Sustainable Environments
Explore human-centered design by developing a project to address the needs of a Jordanian community.
- Learn about human-centered design and gain firsthand knowledge about technologies for sustainable water use and treated waste water reuse, renewable energy, and organic farming in Jordan.
- Assess the needs of a local community or business to identify an engineering problem.
- Develop a design project that brings an innovative and practical response to a local need.
- Gain insights to water, farming, and energy challenges in arid environments through site visits to the Valley of Jordan, the Dead Sea, water treatment plants, sustainable agriculture sites, and Bedouin communities.
- Experience very different perspectives on resource management during the homestay in Amman and field visits with Bedouin families in the desert.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website for details on program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
Key Topics of Study
- Understanding human-centered design in the context of Jordan
- Water supply technology and practice in arid climates
- Sustainable, organic farming
- Engineering project development
Money MattersBe sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.3 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- The SIT Pell Grant Match provides matching grants to all students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding when it is applied to an SIT Study Abroad semester program.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
Contact SIT Study Abroad
- Visit our website: studyabroad.sit.edu
- Request more information or email us: email@example.com
- Call an admission counselor: 888-272-7881
- Contact a former student.
- Apply to SIT.
|Dates / Deadlines:|