Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Study Internship on the Italian Coast, Sorrento
Sorrento, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10249Areas of Study:
|Anthropology, Archaeology, Art, Art History, Business, Communication, Creative Writing, Culinary Arts, Culture, Earth Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Film, Geography, Geology, History, International Business, International Studies, Italian, Marine Science, Marketing, Media, Photography, Sociology, Tourism||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10232Program:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10233Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10235Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10236Class Eligibility:
|2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10237Credit Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10241Program Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10247Minimum GPA:
Study Internship in Sorrento offers students the chance to fully integrate into the local community. By working alongside local residents, you will learn about your field of study and how it impacts the community that you are living and learning in.
Start getting excited about:
- Snapshots of Sorrento - A postcard-worthy village on the hills within full view of the Amalfi coast, Sorrento offers a great climate and cultural and outdoor adventures await at every turn. Be sure to explore the uneven cobblestone streets, take a stroll down the Via di San Cesareo for divine Italian shopping, and partake in an evening aperitivo at one of the many bars and restaurants along the way.
- La Vida Local - Students are encouraged to get involved within the local community through a group beach clean up day as well as through several other service-learning opportunities.
- Specialized Courses - The Sant’Anna Institute has a robust offering of Italian language courses to meet you at any level. Not only can you expand your Italian language and history, but you will also have the opportunity to take unique courses in the Natural Sciences, like Volcanology
- Hands-on Experience - Classes are offered in both English and Italian, and the US transcript makes it easy for your credits to transfer back. Sant’Anna Institute has a long history of community involvement allowing them to offer high-quality internship placements to compliment your studies outside of the classroom.
Study Internship on the Italian Coast, Sorrento offers two 14-week semesters, beginning in August, and January. You can easily find a semester that fits with your study abroad schedule. During your stay at the Sant'Anna Institute you will be captivated by the views of the Marina Grande and Amalfi Coast. Founded in 1998, Sant'Anna Institute is a private institute accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education and by Alfred State, SUNY College of Technology. The root of all courses is the experiential learning model. Courses range from studio art and art history, to lectures in business strategies and communications, and in-depth language and cultural courses.
As a CISabroad student, you’ll get outstanding support throughout the experience. We’re with you every step of the way with academic advising, personal help, and cultural counseling. We’ll make sure that when you arrive in Spain you start your journey right, by having a CISabroad staff member meet you at the airport and bring you to your accommodations.
Once settled into beautiful Sorrento, regarded as a paradise by locals, let your wanderlust take hold. Whether it's a weekend getaway to the quaint city of Campania or you're looking to catch the train to Rome, Sorrento is an ideal location for exploring Italian culture. After we help you acclimate to the Mediterranean lifestyle and orient you to the city, you'll have the confidence to roam the city like a local.
If you've always wanted to study abroad in Italy, we've got a lot of reasons to study on our Study Internship on the Italian Coast, Sorrento program. Here are just a few of the key highlights that make this program unique:
- Located in the walkable seaside town of Sorrento
- Numerous beaches and coves at your fingertips
- Discover miles of hiking and trekking along the Amalfi Coast
- Easy access to both the Northern cities of Florence and Rome, or the historically rich southern islands of Sardinia and Sicily.
- Excursions to Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, and Naples
- Courses taught in Italian and English
|Dates / Deadlines:|