|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Advertising, Architecture, Biochemistry, Business, Communication, Criminology, Film, French, Humanities, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Italian, Japanese Language, Journalism, Law, Linguistics, Marketing, Media, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment, Residence Hall|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
We created this unique Summer in Australia program just for you! Although the seasons are reversed down under, you’ll love the “Summer in Australia" program. While our summer is technically“winter” in Australia, you can still get into surfing, exploring jungles and lounging on the beach...Can you think of a better way to spend your summer?
- A beautiful, modern campus in a prime location - The modern, medium-sized campus is among the most aesthetically appealing in Australia. It has exceptional fitness facilities, several restaurants, and cafes and bars around the lake - all within walking distance of some of the finest sand beaches on the Gold Coast of Australia.
- A full semester to catch up or get ahead - This 14-week program allows you to take a semester’s worth of courses to transfer back to your home college or university. The program base, Bond University, operates on a US academic calendar, with a full 14-week term starting in May. This also means the campus is buzzing with activity during a time when most Australian universities' doors are closed.
- A great range of courses to choose from - While most summer programs offer only a limited amount of courses, Summer in Australia provides an abundance of course options in most subjects. Choose from dozens of business courses, study a variety of health or exercise sciences, or knock out some of your gen eds or electives with tons of social sciences and humanities.
- CISabroad orientation and support - We’ll make sure you’re all ready to go before you head “Down Under,” then we’ll take great care of you as soon as you step off the plane. While you should have no problem making friends around campus, we’ll make sure you connect with your fellow CISabroad participants and feel comfortable in your new home.
Summer in Australia is based at Bond University, one of Australia’s top-ranked universities. Winner of the most 5-star ratings of any university in the well-respected 2010 Good Universities Guide, Bond provides a high-quality education with plenty of personal attention given its student-to-faculty ratio of 11:1. Bond enjoys a beautiful and safe campus, just minutes from the ocean and with great access to Gold Coast and beyond via frequent buses. The facilities are second-to-none between the impressive fitness complex, state-of-the-art multi-media learning center, restaurants, cafes, bars, and impressive aesthetics of the campus in general.
You’ll kick your Australian experience off by participating in a traveling CISabroad City and Beach Adventure Orientation. This will allow you to meet your fellow study abroad students and help you get used to the Australian way of life, not to mention give you a kick start to the rest of your adventures while in Australia. You’ll then settle into Bond University and get oriented to your new home.
Bond University has a very active social and recreational calendar, as there’s a group or activity for all interests: golf, SCUBA, rugby, rowing, drama, debate, photography, and many more! Weekly events on campus include barbeques by the lake, live music at the bars, and a party at the end of the term.
- CISabroad City and Beach Adventure Orientation
- A full 14-week semester, with a great range of classes to choose from
- A beautiful, modern campus: top-notch fitness facilities, common areas, and manicured grounds
- Small student body
- Tons of social and recreational activities on- and off-campus
- International appeal, with students from all over Australia and the world
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.