Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Study Internship at University of Sydney
Sydney, Australia (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Aboriginal Studies, Agriculture, Architecture, Art, Business, Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Humanities, Law, Management Studies, Marketing, Media, Music, Science, Social Work, Sociology||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment, Residence Hall|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Internship||Minimum GPA:||3.2|
Study AND intern in beautiful Sydney, Australia for a semester! Earn academic credit through both your traditional studies as well as a practical internship that will have you working 10 to 20 hours per week. Enjoy a fun, social atmosphere and exceptional staff support throughout your time in Australia with CISabroad.
Get excited about:
- Unique Placements - Spend your time studying abroad in Sydney while participating in an international internship that is customized to fit your set of skills and takes into account your interests and career goals. Are you thinking about a job in event management? Have you wondered what it would be like to be a biologist? Use this opportunity to have a sneak peek into new career or field.
- We care about the environment - We are conscious of the impact travel has on the environment and will offset your round-trip airfare to Sydney by working with our environmental partnerships based around the world. You can study and intern abroad in Sydney while taking care of the earth by using the location-specific Green Travel Guide we provide to all students.
- Cultural Diversity - In Sydney, you will study at one of the most culturally diverse schools in Australia. Students in your classes and possibly your internship location come from over 100 different countries around the world, giving you a chance to learn about other cultures and meet other international students!
For the Study Internship at University of Sydney program with CISabroad, you will enroll in courses just like a standard study abroad student, except one or two of your courses will be an internship. Internships are considered academic in nature, for which 3 credits are awarded for each 10-hour-per-week internship undertaken.
While studying at the University of Sydney, a university that draws international students from over 145 countries, you will have endless opportunities not only to connect with Aussies, but with other students from around the world. The University of Sydney is continuously rated in the top 0.3% of universities in the world and in the Top 50 of many worldwide rankings!
When you take part in our study internship in Sydney, you'll get to combine the benefits of a study abroad program in Australia with the experience of an international internship! Some highlights include:
- Large, diverse student body of 32,000
- Wide variety of customized internship placements
- Top of the line academics
- Tons of extracurricular options including the Study abroad Certificate and the Global Leadership Programs
- Red kangaroos on campus!
- Top notch academics with programs in business, communications, education, media studies psychology, a numerous languages
- Customized placements in fields such as marketing, event management, media and journalism, finance, biology, and psychology
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed