Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai, Thailand (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Culture, Finance, Gender Studies, History, Humanities, International Relations, International Studies, Philosophy, Religion/Theology, Sociology||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Thai Studies||Housing Options:||Apartment|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Program Type:||Study|
Spend an entire month this summer studying in Chiang Mai, Thailand at Chiang Mai University. Chiang Mai is a city rich with over 700 years of ancient history, in the heart of Lanna culture. It is a beautiful and popular destination -- perfect for studying abroad! Ride elephants, go bamboo rafting, explore the nearby temples and palace, and study in the flower gardens located on campus. Have the time of your life in one of the best cities in all of Asia!
Here are some things to expect while studying in Thailand:
Delicious Thai cuisine – Enjoy delicious and authentic Thai food from the colorful street carts near the university or sample some inside any number of local restaurants nearby. Food in Thailand will be relatively cheap, so don't worry too much about your budget. We will take you to the Sunday market so you can try making your own Thai dishes.
- A perfect location in Chiang Mai - The CMU campus is located in central Chiang Mai, perfect for you to explore in your free time. It was actually ranked as the world's number two city. The city isn't oo big, but boasts a fun culture, a rich history, and some of the best nightlife around. Learn to cook Thai food, ride elephants, visit hill tribe villages, and so much more!
- Local excursions and adventures – Enjoy various excursions during your summer stay in Thailand including treks to nearby hill tribe villages, bamboo rafting, riding elephants, and more! We will be visiting waterfalls, temples, markets, and many other points of interest.
Chiang Mai is located in northern Thailand and serves as a popular tourist destination for the Thai and for foreigners alike. People come from all walks of earth to experience the cosmopolitan atmosphere atop a great climate. Sample their delicious food or take a few days to hike around the surrounding mountain range. The university is located centrally and boasts 35,000 students, making it a medium-sized college town. Chiang Mai is 1,000 feet above sea level and the Ping River cuts through it. Enjoy the vibrant energy of the city, experience the night life, go to a few festivals, or hike around Doi Inthanon National Park. You'll soon find that Chiang Mai is one of the most exciting cities in the world!
There are many reasons to study abroad in Thailand. Here are a few of the key highlights that make this program absolutely amazing:
• Practice your Thai with other international students as well as with the locals living in Chiang Mai
• Take classes in Gender Studies, Buddhism, and Thai culture
• Travel to nearby countries such as Lao, Cambodia, and Malaysia
• Participate in local excursions including visiting markets, riding elephants, and more
• Enjoy Chiang Mai's warm climate, breathtaking scenery, and laidback atmosphere
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.