Programs > Brochure
January Mediterranean Basin: France, Italy, Greece
Athens, Greece; Rome, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Archaeology, Art History, Culture, European Studies, History, Religion/Theology||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Hotel/Hostel|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Immerse yourself in the world of sunlight, rich culture, and amazing historical landmarks. Travel through Greece, Italy, and Turkey with the January term study abroad program. Enjoy a mix of classroom teachings and on-hands learning with local guides and experts.
Here's what to expect while on this amazing program:
- Incredible Mediterranean sunshine – The Mediterranean region is full of long days of beautiful sunshine. Shed your winter wear and lay out on the beach to enjoy the warmer weather in all three locations.
- Enhance your academic experience – Gain academic credit by taking classes in art, archaeology, politics, religion, and/or history. Courses are taught by experts in the field with some extra on-site learning on the side. Transfer this credit back to your home university if possible.
- Immerse yourself in the history – This region of the world is known as the birthplace of western civilization. Soak up all there is to know about the history and the ginormous monuments built by the Byzantine, Ottoman and Roman Empires.
With this program, you will get the chance to travel to 10 cities spanning a wide variety of cultural contexts. Gain insight into the following countries: Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Athens, Mycenia, Olympia, Delphi, Heraklion, Knossos, and Istanbul!
- Spend winter break right while earning academic credit
- Visit ten cities in 15 days
- Study subjects by expert lecturers
- Enjoy support services from our staff
- Experiential learning and on-site learning
|Dates / Deadlines:|