|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Culture, History, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Apartment, Residence Hall|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Study abroad in Barcelona for your January Term or Winter Break to soak up Spanish language and unique culture of Barcelona! Breathe in the fresh Mediterranean air while experiencing a new way of life. Start getting excited about:
- Study Spanish abroad through short-term immersion - In just a short time you can expect to improve your Spanish tremendously - there's no alternative to actually hearing, reading, writing and speaking it all day. You'll earn a full three credits in Spanish or another course of your choosing, allowing you to get ahead academically while also providing a foundation for your dialect and vocabulary, which you can only get by studying abroad.
- A long and varied experience in a short time - You will hit the ground running in Barcelona! Between orientation, tours, cultural activities, and excursions, you'll have something going on most days you're in Barcelona. We want you to get the most out of your time in Barcelona, so we'll keep you busy. You'll certainly have some free time to explore on your own, but we want to make sure you are experiencing all the essentials so you get a good impression of the city. If you feel like further exploration was needed at the end, you'll just have to come back!
- A temperate climate, even in the winter - While it might not quite be beach-faring weather, the average high in the 50's Barcelona enjoys in January means you'll still be able to cruise the streets and go for a hike without bundling up. Even though it's a bit cooler by Barcelona standards, that doesn't keep people from living and socializing in the streets. Just buy a scarf and you'll be good to go!
On January in Barcelona, you’ll attend Barcelona International College, located in the beautiful Eixample neighborhood of Barcelona, Spain. During the 17 day program, you’ll take either a Spanish Language course, customized to fit your current level of Spanish, or Spanish Civilization and Culture.
Spanish language courses
Elementary Spanish A1
Intensive Elementary Spanish A1-A2
Upper Elementary Spanish A2
Intermediate Spanish B1
Intensive Intermediate Spanish B1-B2
Upper Intermediate Spanish B2
Advanced Spanish C1
Advanced Spanish C2
Spanish Civilization and Culture (instructed in English)
You have tons to look forward to when spending your January in Barcelona! Just a few highlights include:
- Hands-on orientation and guided tours of the city
- A Catalan and Spanish cooking class
- Spanish Language and Culture courses, taught in both English and Spanish
- Spanish classes tailored to your proficiency
- Beautiful beaches, even if you're just walking along them and not spending too much time on the sand
- Vibrant culture, delicious cuisine and amazing nightlife
|Dates / Deadlines:|