Programs > Brochure
January Europe and Islam: France, Morocco, Gilbraltar, Spain
Aix-en-Provence, France; Granada, Spain; Paris, France; Rabat, Morocco (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Art, Art History, Culture, French, History, Humanities, International Relations, International Studies, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Hotel/Hostel|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Visit four countries and 12 cities in January with this program. Enjoy immersing yourself in the culture of France, Spain, Morocco, and Turkey. You'll have the chance to explore each country with a local guide and experts who will describe the unique European-Islamic relationship. Join us for this unforgettable winter term multi-country study abroad program.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
- Gibraltar – Join us at this crossroads between two very different worlds. Gibraltar is situated right at the entrance of the Meditteranean and at the southern part of the Iberian peninsula. It is a British territory rich in geo-political history.
Visit 12 cities in 18 days - You will have the unique opportunity to explore and travel to different regions all over France, Spain, Morocco and Turkey. Become more cultured by experiencing all of these different cultures in the matter of a few weeks!
Explore your passions - During this program, you will find yourself in the midst of a bustling Moroccan medina or skipping through the lavender fields of southern France. You'll be spending hours in the museums of Madrid and sampling various wares from a local Turkish market. Experience all of these great things while earning college credit towards your major!
Spend time in 12 cities during the duration of this program while enjoying the diversity of each location. You'll see and do things that provide insight into each place and their culture. During this program, you will spend a certain amount of time in each place:
- Paris (3 nights)
- Aix-en-Provence (1 night)
- Marseille (1 day)
- Marrakech (2 nights)
- Rabat (2 nights)
- Casablanca (1 day)
- Algeciras (1 night)
- Gibraltar (1 day)
- Sevilla (2 nights)
- Cordoba (1 day)
- Granada (2 nights)
- Istanbul (4 nights)
There are a ton of reasons to study abroad with this multicountry January trip! Here are a few key highlights that make this program unique.
• Study over winter break to earn extra credits and get ahead of your academics
• Visit four countries and 12 cities in a matter of 18 days
• Study with world-renowned lecturers about a whole array of topics pertaining to your major/field of study
• 24/7 supprt services with our English-speaking staff
• Hands-on, experiential learning that goes on outside of the classroom
|Dates / Deadlines:|