Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Business Administration, Communication, Culture, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, History, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Spanish||Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish|
|Housing Options:||Hotel/Hostel, Residence Hall||Program Type:||Study|
Live life to the fullest in a vibrant, cosmopolitan setting - Study Spanish in the classroom and on the streets, tango until you drop, chill out while sipping some mate in the park, and enjoy exploring the colorful markets. We’ll make sure this bustling city of 14 million people feels like home with exceptional activities and staff support.
Get excited about:
- Live in the Paris of South America! - Buenos Aires is uniquely considered a European-like city with Latin American flavor. The cafe culture rivals that of its French counterpart, with a cost of living just a fraction of what you would expect in central Paris. The city’s European-style architecture, great shopping, abundant parks, vibrant nightlife, and gourmet cuisine will make you think you’re across the pond.
- Various sessions so you can go anytime over the summer - Whether you are hoping to improve your Spanish language, live in the land of the Tango for a month or more, or just get a quick taste for Latin America while still being able to work when you’re home, we’ve got three sessions to choose from. You can even save up some money for the first couple months of summer then head down to Argentina in late July!
- A great introduction to Latin America - Argentina lies somewhere on the social and cultural scale between Latin America and Europe. That means it’s a great way to see what Latin America is all about, by easing into it. Your experience in Buenos Aires could then lead to you further exploration in other parts of Latin America, or you may find you’re more Europe-oriented and head there for a semester later on. With CISabroad Summer in Argentina, you’ll get a great introduction to Latin American history, culture and geography through a diverse selection of courses, fun cultural activities and staff that understand how to introduce foreigners to the place they call home.
The CISabroad Summer in Argentina program bases students between two neighborhoods: Belgrano, where the university is located; and Palermo, the location of the student residences.
Belgrano is a largely residential neighborhood, offering tree-lined avenues and tranquil parks. It's the home of many of the upper class Argentines and expatriates.
Palermo borders Belgrano and sits on the northwest border of the city, extending to the Rio de la Plata. Palermo is the largest neighborhood in Buenos Aires. It has everything from sports stadiums to a planetarium, botanical gardens, and parks. Some of the sub-divisions within Palermo are considered to be the trend-setters in terms of fashion and art.
There are many reasons to study on our Semester in Argentina program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• Study at an internationally-minded university in a great part of Buenos Aires
• Live in fun, social dorms
• Affordable program also includes 3 meals a day Monday through Friday
• Spanish language classes at all levels
• On-site staff support
• Enjoy one overnight and two day trips with CISabroad staff
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.