Programs > Brochure
CISabroad January Term in Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Latin American Studies, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Homestay|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
As a study abroad student at Universidad Veritas, you will enroll in courses offered by the International Programs Center of the university. This means you will be offered a range of subjects from intensive Spanish (all levels) to Tropical Ecology to Business to Latin American design. Look forward to all of this and more:
- Spanish instruction - Immerse yourself and practice Spanish with the locals or study Spanish in one of the many courses available.
- Great excursions available - Take a day trip and/or a weekend excursion with fellow study abroad students. Wander the local markets or the city, explore the rainforest, and enjoy the authentic food.
- Amazing location - Costa Rica is known for its tropical beauty. Explore the national parks, mountain villages, or beach towns.
Students take one Spanish Language Intensive course during the January-term for 5 U.S. credits in four weeks. They will be studying at the Universidad Veritas, where they are able to enroll in a variety of courses, taught in both Spanish and English.
You will be studying in a fun and affordable city where there are a ton of things going on all the time. Go to concerts, movies, art shows, and more. Or, try your hand at intramural sports and salsa dancing lessons. Cooking classes are also available so that you can make authentic Costa Rican food.
We will give you an extensive orientation program upon arrival so that you will adapt easily to living in a new culture. Become even more immersed in the culture while staying with your host family and living alongside Costa Rican locals.
- Classes with local professors
- Learn Spanish -- no language prerequisite needed!
- Explore the bustling city of San Jose
- Live with a local family and immerse yourself in the culture
- Explore Costa Rica with our many excursions
|Dates / Deadlines:|