Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Intern in Florence
Florence, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Advertising, Art, Education, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Food Technology & Management, Hospitality Management, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Internship, Italian, Journalism, Marketing, Studio Art, Theatre/Drama, Tourism||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Options:||Apartment, Homestay||Program Type:||Internship|
On Intern in Florence, your internship will be tailored to your personal, academic, and professional goals. We’ll work with you one-on-one to find the perfect placement. Add 3 or 6 weeks of intensive Italian-language classes and the option of private tutoring, and you’ll find yourself loving your Florence experience.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
A custom internship in Italy – We know you aren’t traveling to Italy to scoop gelato or service bicycles. Don’t worry. Our internships take into account your career goals, interests, and skills.
- All the flexibility you need – Perhaps you want to work in Florence for the full semester. Or maybe you are looking for a rewarding international experience over the summer. Either way, we can accommodate you! Our internships can be 6 weeks, a full semester, or anything in between.
An art-lover’s paradise – View world-renowned masterpieces in museums such as the Uffizi Gallery, then purchase your own treasure from a local street artist.
The following are fields in which previous interns have been placed, but this list does not determine the availability of a placement in any particular field nor does it guarantee placements in any of these fields for any particular applicant:
Film and Television
International Education Program Management
Special Event Management
There are many reasons to Intern in Florence, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• Intensive Italian-language course and optional private Italian-language tutoring
• A full cultural calendar allows you to enjoy Florence’s best music, art, dance, and food
• Everything you could ever need or want is within walking distance of the city center
• Work in Florence with Italians and people from all over the world
• Cook for yourself in your apartment or enjoy food from the local market and many restaurants
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed