Programs > Brochure
This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
**Industrial Engineering International Research & Internship Program
Querétaro, Mexico (Exchange Program)
|Areas of Study:||Engineering, Internship, Spanish||Program:||Reciprocal Exchange|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Letter Grade|
|Program Type:||Internship, Study||Minimum GPA:||2.75|
Location: Spend 6 weeks in beautiful Querétaro, Mexico this summer sponsored by the US National Science Foundation (NSF), studying the Spanish language and conducting research on the cultural and cross-cultural impacts of RFID technologies and other topics related to engineering logistics and distribution. Students will attend classes at Tecnológico de Monterrey—Campus Querétaro where they will receive UT Arlington resident credit for all coursework. Students are eligible for UT Arlington financial aid for this program. This is a unique opportunity to participate in an internship as well as study the language.
Program Dates: Summer 2013 - May 26 - July 6, 2013
- Huasteca Potosina—Located in the state of San Luis Potosi, the Huasteca is characterized by its gorgeous waterfalls and breathtaking scenery. www.huasteka.net
- Peña de Bernal & Tequisquiapan—Only 30 minutes from Querétaro, Peña de Bernal is a must see attraction. Tequisquiapan is a beautiful colonial town famous for its cheese and wine production. www.queretaro.travel
- Mexico City & Teotihuacan—Discover the history behind one of the world’s most intriguing ancient cultures while taking in the impressive sights and sounds of a modern city. www.df.gob.mx
- City tour around downtown Queretaro and a traditional Mexican market
- 3 UTA credits in “IMSE 4391-007 Advanced Topics in Industrial Engineering/Practical Experience." Internships offered with INTERDELI - WERNER - TRW.
- 3-4 UTA credits in Spanish (All levels are available)
Housing: ITESM – Campus Querétaro offers the opportunity to live with a host family where students can experience Mexican culture and improve Spanish fluency. Students also have the option of living in the residence halls located on the ITESM campus.
Cost: Three hours of the tuition (IMSE 4391) will be covered by grant funding. Students will have the option to receive Spanish credit and will pay their normal UTA tuition rate. Financial Aid may be used as part of the program. Additional scholarships are available through the UTA Study Abroad Office.
Requirements: This program is restricted to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math majors. Watch this Video
<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="338" name="SUMMER TRIP MEXICO 2011 [ITESM]" scrolling="no" src="http://youtu.be/jOvC-2W-J9Q" width="600"></iframe>
For more information, contact: Dr. Erick Jones, email@example.com or Cinthya Vinueza-Garcia, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dates / Deadlines:|
There are currently no active application cycles for this program.