Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Study Internship in Florence
Florence, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Accessories Design, Accounting, Advertising, Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Art History, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Botany, Business, Business Design, Business Information Systems, Chemistry, Chinese, Communication, Communication Design, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminology, Culinary Arts, Culture, Dance, Developmental Sciences, Dietetics & Nutrition, Earth Sciences, Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Enology, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Film, Finance, Food Communication, Food Technology & Management, Forestry, Gastronomy, Gender Studies, Geography, Geology, Graphic Design, Health and Human Services, History, Hospitality Management, Human Resource Management, Humanities, Independent Study, Interdisciplinary Design, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Internship, Journalism, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Management Studies, Marine Science, Marketing, Math, Media, Minority Studies, Molecular Biology, Music, Philosophy, Photography, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Health, Print Making, Product Design, Psychology, Public Health, Public Relations, Religion/Theology, Science, Service Learning, Shoe Design, Social Policy, Social Work, Sociology, Studio Art, Textile Design, Theatre/Drama, Tourism, Urban Studies, Women's Studies, Writing, Zoology||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment|
|Credit Type:||Pass/Fail||Program Type:||Internship, Study|
On Study Internship in Florence, you will be spending the semester in one of the world’s most popular destinations for tourists. However, your exposure to Florentine culture will go beyond what any other tourist or even study abroad participant will be experiencing! You will be working with locals and possibly other internationals through your internship while also taking classes in English, Italian or a combination.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
- Customized internship placements. Are you interested in the culinary arts or managing programs or events? Do you have experience in publishing and communications and want to see how it’s done in Italy? Why not use this time to brush up on skills you already know or make this an opportunity to try your hand at something new!
- Pasta, Pizza, and Tiramisu, oh my! All of Italy is famous for its fine cuisine and local delicacies and Florence is no different. Family restaurants are located at nearly every corner in the city, which gives you the perfect opportunity to try traditional dishes and fall in love with real Italian food.
- Italy and the rest of Europe within reach. By air, train, bus, or boat, Florence is in a central location from which you can visit other cities all over Italy. Or if you want, spend your free time exploring other parts of the country, such as Spain, the UK, Greece, or other countries on the Mediterranean.
Located in the heart of Tuscany, Florence (Firenze in Italian) is alive year-round with locals and tourists taking in all the beautiful city has to offer. Florence is an amazing city to studying and intern abroad in, as anybody that has been there will tell you they wish they would’ve stayed longer! The mild climate invites you to walk around the city, exploring all the history, culture and art at your own pace. When your feet can’t take it anymore, hop on a very accessible public bus and enjoy the ride.
While Florence will certainly engage you for a fully semester or year, we assume you’ll want to see what lies further afield, in which case. Affordable trains will quickly take you to the nearby cities of Pisa, Venice, Milan, and Rome to further explore the amazing country of Italy. Although Florence is one of the most popular Italian destinations, the city itself is manageable in size, with so much to offer.
There are many reasons to study AND intern through our Study Internship in Florence program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• Diverse internship placements
• 75 meal plan vouchers included
• Intensive Italian language course
• Fun group atmosphere and activities
• Modern, comprehensive campus and student services, including tours
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.