Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in the British Isles: Ireland, Scotland, and England
Dublin, Ireland; London, United Kingdom; Ormskirk, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Culture, History, Humanities, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Hotel/Hostel, Residence Hall|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
With this 6 week program students can earn up to 9 credits while traveling and studying throughout Ireland, Scotland and England. During this program you will get your fill of fantastic literature, international studies, film courses, and great excursions for the full British experience.
Summer in the British Isles is perfect for first-time international travelers; culture, literature, and film buffs; and anyone who wants to earn almost a semester of credits while exploring historic locations. With this study-travel course, you’ll receive 9 credits while visiting incredible settings. Get excited about:
- Travel throughout Ireland and Scotland – During the first two weeks of the program, you'll visit historic locations in Ireland. You will see the majestic Cliffs of Moher, tour Dublin, and more; AND you get to stop in Scotland too.
- True British experience at a local university – For the last 4 weeks, you’ll study at the beautiful Roehampton University and live with local British students in the residence halls. In your classes you'll also experience the delights of London in-depth. It’s an authentic taste of English culture.
- Earn 9 credits in 6 weeks – What better way to earn credits toward graduation than from local and international professors in tremendous destinations?
- Take fun courses on England and Ireland – You’ll be more than a tourist. With classes in literature, film, international studies, history, and culture, you’ll be studying fascinating aspects of modern Britain in a hands-on learning environment.
On Summer in the British Isles, you will study and travel with incredible, energetic American faculty. In these courses, many experiential components supplement the classroom learning. You will be impressed with how much you can learn about British Isles in just one summer, and with your professors’ knowledge of the region and culture!
You can earn 9 credits on this 6 week program. All courses are taught by faculty from the US who travel with you and your group from start to finish. An overview:
First, you will spend 2 weeks traveling throughout Ireland and will participate in the "Irish Culture and Identity" course, which integrates on-site learning with the curriculum. Next, after a brief trip through the heart of Scotland, you'll spend the last 4 weeks taking classes at the University of Roehampton on the southern edge of London.
There are many reasons to study on our Summer in the British Isles program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• Study in the heart of London and check out Big Ben, Parliament, Oxford Street, the London Eye, and more!
• Live with British and international students in residence halls
• Travel throughout Ireland and Scotland with fellow classmates and your professors
• Choose from diverse course offerings like international studies, literature, history, culture, cinema, and math
• Earn 9 credits in 6 weeks while seeing the best the UK has to offer
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.