Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer Photography in Australia - Edge of the Outback
Melbourne, Australia (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Art, Photography||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment, Hotel/Hostel|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Our Summer Photography in Australia—Edge of the Outback program starts off down in Melbourne, moves on to a regional campus in Mildura, a small city in northwestern Victoria Province. At the Mildura campus, you will learn the fundamental photographic techniques and then head into the outback for a 5-day exploration of this region’s ancient landscapes.
Get excited about:
- Travel off the beaten track – Experience an Australia that few visitors, and for that matter few Australians, really know.
- Develop your photography skills - If you're new to photography, you'll get a great taste of outdoor photography. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll get strong additions to your portfolio. Develop your photography skills in a unique landscape.
- Learn about the Australian outback and more – What better way to learn about the Australian outback, and Australia’s history and culture, than a hands-on experiential course?
Summer Photography in Australia—Edge of the Outback is a 3-week travel program covering a variety of topics, including concepts in photography, black and white printing with alternate photographic practices, as well as discussion of SLR camera operation and maintenance. No previous photography experience is required.
A local Aboriginal guide from the Barkindji Nation will join you on the excursions to assist in the interpretation of indigenous culture. At the end of the program you will have the opportunity to exhibit you work in a local gallery.
There are many reasons to study on this program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
- Gain valuable photography skills in just 3 weeks
- Perfect for photography novices and experts alike
- Study photography off the beaten track in regional Australia
- See a part of Australia unknown to both foreigners and many Australians
- Inclusive program package
- Get inspired by the beauty of multiple national parks
- Exhibit your work in a local gallery
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed