Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Semester on the North Island, New Zealand
Wellington, New Zealand (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Business, Chemistry, Chinese, Communication, Computer Science, Criminology, Culture, Ecology, Economics, English, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Studies, Film, Gender Studies, Geography, History, Hospitality Management, International Business, Law, Linguistics, Management Studies, Maori Studies, Marketing, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religion/Theology, Sociology, Tourism, Women's Studies||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.7|
Semester on the North Island, New Zealand, will connect you to one of the world’s most extraordinary cultures. Wellington is unique because it is the business, commercial, and political capital of the country, yet it is small enough to walk almost everywhere. The atmosphere is sophisticated, yet down-to-earth and youthful.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
- Live in one of the adventure capitals of the world – Adventure and adrenaline-pumping sports were practically invented in New Zealand. You can bungee jump with the world’s original bungee company, tandem skydive over the ocean, and learn to surf, ski, and white-water kayak. There are also plenty of opportunities for outdoors enthusiasts to hike, bike, and climb in stunning terrain.
- World-class academics – Victoria University of Wellington is well-known as one of the strongest universities in the Southern Hemisphere. It is internationally recognized for its broad range of courses, diverse student body, and elite faculty members. It's the perfect place to study abroad in New Zealand!
- Live in Lord of the Rings country – A 3-hour drive in any direction will take you from pristine white-sand beaches to deciduous rain forests and mountain glaciers. Visit sites that were used to fill the Lord of the Rings and take in all that this magical country has to offer.
The southernmost capital city in the world - Wellington is situated on the southern tip of the North Island, and is the political, business, and cultural capital of New Zealand. Although Wellington boasts a population of nearly 500,000, it is a compact, walkable place. It also is quite a happening city, with more restaurants and cafés per capita than New York City. It has all the sophistication and modernity of a major city, but still has the charm, safety, cleanliness, and friendliness of a town.
There are many reasons to study on our Semester on the North Island of New Zealand program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• Mountains, oceans, and beaches all within a few hours
• A large, diverse student body with over 3,000 international students
• Live on campus in fully-furnished apartments, shared with other international students
• Endless adventure opportunities
• An innovative curriculum with more than 80 academic degrees to study in
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||07/08/2018||11/21/2018|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed