Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Ireland
Limerick, Ireland (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Business Administration, Communication, Culture, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, History, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Come to Limerick for 3 weeks this summer for hands-on courses in Irish culture, history, film, law, and art taught by distinguished Irish faculty. On Summer in Ireland, you will fall in love with Irish culture and with your new home in Ireland’s fourth largest city.
Get excited about:
- World-class university – Summer in Ireland is based at the University of Limerick, a progressive new university with incredible Irish professors at top of their fields.
Great excursions – Complement your studies by traveling with your program to Dublin, to the Irish coast, and throughout the city of Limerick.
- Travel opportunities throughout the region – With cheap airfare and train routes galore, you can spend your weekends traveling in Ireland, around the UK, and to various cities, beaches, and mountains throughout Europe during your summer abroad in Ireland.
Ireland-specific classes – Enthralling classes will give you a real feel for your new home and for contemporary Irish culture.
On Summer in Ireland, you’ll take one course in literature, culture, film, sociology, or law at the University of Limerick, which has quickly gained a reputation among its peers for its innovative courses and high academic standards. The University is also home to some fine collections of Irish art, the Irish Chamber Orchestra, and the Irish World Music Center.
- Study at an academically rigorous university
- Classes focused on Irish culture
- Check out nearby 12th-century castles in your spare time
- Fun excursions with fellow study abroad students around Limerick
- Earn 3 credits in 3 weeks
- Great student facilities on campus
- Meals included
- Strong support from the University study abroad office
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.