Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Semester in China
Beijing, China (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Program Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Business Administration, Communication, Culture, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, History, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||Chinese, English||Housing Options:||Residence Hall|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Have you ever thought of studying business in China but worried that your Mandarin wasn’t good enough? On the Semester in China program, you can relax. We’ve found a university in China where all students, both international and Chinese, must pass an English proficiency test to get in, so you can have a full immersion experience while you’re still working on your Mandarin!
Get excited about:
- Life in Beijing – Living in the capital of China has tons of perks! A great public transportation system, all kinds of Chinese and international food, the most amazing markets you can imagine . . . You’ll never be without something to do.
Study Chinese in Beijing at a truly international Chinese university – The University of International Business and Economics has a truly diverse student body, with students from across Asia, Africa, and Europe.
Day and weekend excursions – We know that part of study abroad in China is seeing the sites, and we’ve got you covered. From the Great Wall to the Olympic Stadium, you’ll get to see some of the truly amazing spots in Beijing and beyond.
Semester in China includes 2 semesters running from September to December and from January/February to June. Because the spring semester falls after the Chinese New Year (Lunar New Year), the start dates may vary as much as 3 weeks from year to year. With the exception of language courses, you may take all of your courses in English. As a CIS student, you will take 6 credits of Chinese-language study, plus 2 or 3 electives (6 or 9 US credits). Electives are available in the following subjects: Economics, Business, and International Studies, among others.
- Live on a Chinese campus where everyone (international and Chinese) knows at least some English!
- Exceptional academics- study Chinese in Beijing while taking an in-depth approach to international business
- Easy access to all the sites of Beijing
- Small class sizes, which are ideal for language learning
- Ideally located for easy travel throughout China
- Internationally recognized University
- Vibrant campus life with numerous club and sports opportunities
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.