Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Architecture, Art, Business, Dance, Ecology, Economics, Environmental Studies, Health and Human Services, History, International Business, International Relations, Latin American Studies, Management Studies, Philosophy, Photography, Political Science, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Homestay|
|Credit Type:||Pass/Fail||Program Type:||Study|
On Summer in Costa Rica, you will study in English and take Spanish-language classes at a local university in bustling San José, the capital of Costa Rica. In your free time, you can explore nearby volcanoes, go zip-lining in the rain forest, and get to know Costa Rican culture while sipping some of the best coffee in the world with classmates at a local café!
Get excited about:
- Perfect location – You’ll be minutes from the heart of San Jose, so you can easily explore the city, as well as the beautiful nearby national parks, picturesque mountain villages, and relaxed beach towns that make Costa Rica famous!
Great excursions – A day trip and a weekend excursion with your fellow study abroad students are included in the program. Take a city tour, wander through the local markets, and try some exotic tropical fruit as you explore the rain forest for the perfect summer abroad in Costa Rica.
Awesome classes in English – Study the Costa Rican health care system, human rights in Latin America, ecotourism, cultural photography, and international economic integration in Latin America, all in English.
Summer in Costa Rica at Universidad Veritas offers varied courses that help you earn credit toward graduation while gaining fluency in Spanish. Veritas is a great place to learn more about Costa Rica’s history, culture, environment, politics, and more!
We have three amazing study options for you in our Summer in Costa Rica program! A four-week Spanish language intensive program in which you will take one Spanish language course; a five-week language and culture program in which you will take one Spanish language program and one elective course; and an eight-week Spanish language and culture program in which you will take two Spanish language courses and one elective.
- One of the most biodiverse countries on the planet
- Courses taught in English and Spanish - study Spanish in Costa Rica, the best way to learn!
- Excursions throughout Costa Rica
- Wide course selection, from Business to Tropical Ecology to Photography
- Study at a highly ranked private university in San Jose
- Live with a local family
- Explore the bustling capital city of San José
- Cooking classes, dance classes, and sports events help you bond with your classmates
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed