Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Intern in Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Architecture, Art, Communication, Culinary Arts, Dance, Education, Entrepreneurship, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Graphic Design, International Business, Journalism, Management Studies, Marketing, Political Science, Tourism||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Housing Options:||Apartment, Homestay|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Internship||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
A custom internship in the heart of one of Western Europe's cultural and business hubs! Our intern in Barcelona program lets you gain relevant, career-oriented experience while enjoying the best of Europe: cultural immersion, proximity to a coastline of white sand beaches, and an exciting, cosmopolitan city that never sleeps.
Intern in Barcelona offers both professional development and the chance to soak up all that Barcelona has to offer. Our internships are customized to match your interests; internships last a minimum of 6 weeks, but we encourage you to stay as long as you can.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
- Live and work in Barcelona: life in the cultural capital of the Mediterranean – Barcelona is home to more UNESCO World Heritage sites than any other city in Europe. Imagine the architectural and cultural splendor of a city with 2,000 years of history! Numerous museums, churches, cathedrals, and concert halls, plus the influential modern art of Antonio Gaudi, Joan Miro, Pablo Picasso, and Mies Van der Rohe, make Barcelona an aesthetically appealing destination for visitors from all over the world.
- Choose your own style of accommodation – Intern in Barcelona offers different housing options. You can live with a Spanish family or share an apartment with other international students.
- A vibrant social life – Depending on the program dates you choose, you may get to participate in a weekend trip in Spain. Possible trips include the beautiful Costa Brava, the magical Granada, or majestic Madrid.
Love being outdoors? The temperate climate of Barcelona means you can enjoy the outdoors year-round. The city beaches have modern walkways and public facilities, and by using public transportation, you can enjoy many other beaches to the north and south. In addition to beaches around Barcelona, the city’s efficient public transportation system allows for easy access to the campus and great sites located around the city.
Barcelona is unequivocally a Mediterranean city. This is not only due to its graphic location, but also to its history, traditions, and cultural influences. Although it immediately strikes you with its Spanish and distinctly Catalan flair, it’s also known for an amazing international mix of people and activities. As a student, you will be immersed in diverse and vibrant environment. Your surroundings will stimulate your desire for cultural exploration and discovery. It is difficult to think of better backdrop for student life in Spain!
There are many reasons to Intern in Barcelona, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• Diverse internship placements
• Placements that accommodate all levels of Spanish-language proficiency
• Work with people from Spain and all over the world
• Hands-on orientation and guided tours of the city
• Cultural activities within Barcelona
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||09/17/2018||10/27/2018|
|Summer||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||05/28/2018||07/28/2018|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed