|Additional Program Details:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Business Administration, Communication, Culture, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, History, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Spanish||Program:||Affiliated|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Housing Options:||Apartment|
|Class Eligibility:||2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior||Credit Type:||Pass/Fail|
|Program Type:||Study||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Edinburgh Napier University is rapidly becoming the most modern and advanced university in Scotland. Located on the south side of Edinburgh, Napier is a multi-campus university with its three main sites located very near the city center - Craighouse, Craiglockhart, and Merchiston Campuses. The campuses comprise of buildings from the sixteenth to the twenty-first century, reflecting Edinburgh Napier University's profile as a modern university grounded in a solid tradition as a provider of higher learning.
- Meet international students - You will be living, studying, traveling, and socializing with students from all over the world.
- Study at a top-ranked university - Edinburgh Napier University is ranked as one of the top two new universities in all of the United Kingdom.
- Many courses available - Take courses that apply to your major or take electives in all fields of coursework including: engineering, business, health sciences, and more!
Edinburgh Napier University's academic year is divided into two semesters, autumn and spring. Students gain sixty Napier credits per semester (twelve to sixteen U.S. credits) by taking three modules (courses). During the semester, you will attend a program of lectures, seminars, and tutorials for each module, in addition to practical or lab work, which involves twelve to twenty contact hours per week.
Approximately 20 percent of the more than 14,000 students at Edinburgh Napier University are international and more than 100 countries are represented at the university. Napier's support services and facilities are prepared to assist you with your transition to Scottish life. Because of the favorable student-to-faculty ratio (8:1), you will find your lecturers to be helpful and approachable. You can select from a vast range of modules in the following faculties: health, life and social sciences, business, engineering, computing, and creative industries.
Your program will start with an extensive orientation where our on-site staff will show you around the city, get you settled into your flat, and talk about getting involved on campus. We will take you on a bus tour and highlight a variety of social events. Your student union will put on "Freshers Week," an entire week full of activities for new students and locals alike.
- Travel to nearby cities and countries
- Live in a shared flat with other international students
- Join one of the many sports clubs and organizations at university
- Take any number of courses in health, engineering, computing, and more!
- Learn on a stunning campus with 16th century buildings
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed